Thursday, January 3, 2013

2013: A new year, and better than the last!

Shall I post all of my New Year's Resolution like the rest of the world?  Why not?

1. Workout more with my dog
2. Hike/trail run more and in different locations
3. Get in good shape -- not necessarily to lose weight, but just to feel good
4. Eat healthy -- even though I'm vegan I can still step it up a notch
5. Move out of my parent's house -- my plan is set for March 1
6. Enjoy my job -- I love it now, I want to love it in a year
7. Live life the way it's meant to be lived

2012 was a great year for many reasons, some of which I cannot discuss with the World Wide Web.  As every year is, 2012 was life changing for me, but more so than any other year.  So many wonderful things happened and I finally came to know what it means to live life to the fullest!  And I finally understand what it feels like to go through something so dramatic and know that nothing can hold you back from experiencing life, telling people exactly what you want to say without feeling worried about what they will think or the reaction you'll get in return.

After so many years (practically my whole life) of living in fear of what is "right" and what is "wrong", I fully believe that life is just meant to be lived.  Obviously, there are still morals and ethics and consequences, but what's the point if you can't experience it all?  And why the hell not?  It's your life, live it the way you want.  Something "wrong" may just feel right and may be something you have to do, if only because "there's something about it" that makes you not want it, but need it in your life.  Everything happens for a reason.  I believe that's what they call fate/destiny.

And that's the moral I came up with for my year in 2012 -- It's your life, live it the way you want.  Sounds good to me!

The end.

No comments: